New CTSW Owner

Skunkworks85

Hello All, my name is Matt.

I thought I would introduce myself, I am the new owner of 915CT, Its a 2007 CTSW.

I have been lurking on here for about 6 months and thought It was time to be part of the community.

The plane is a blast to fly, it is my first owned plane, I am a PPL and was seriously considering a certified plane to purchase, but the avionics and speed of the CTSW just does not compare price wise. I had many concerns about the rotax at first, but talking to many people have put those issues to rest. I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade and I put together many spreadsheets, ect and all the pros and cons of the CT vs (name a comparable certified AC here). The CT always came up on top. Except for in the near future, I would like to start working on my instrument rating. My plan is to put a SL30 into it and possibly use the CT for training (obviously not actual IMC). And then rent an IFR plane when the situation calls for it.

I come from mostly flying Diamonds, The CTSW is very similar to fly, and I feel that landing was a very similar situation.

I am currently based in Southern Illinois, I have been acquainted with Tom Baker, He is based not far from me, and I really am thankful of his advice and support.

This plane will be used, There are many plans in the future to take it on many trips, Some of which include, Mackinaw Island, Dolphin Island, Kitty Hawk, Denver, South Dakota. and all these we are planning for the spring. Any advice of these locations would be great!

IMG_2796.thumb.JPG.5704c4b9ed1fc81bdd5e79a36a34b220.JPG

IMG_2850.thumb.JPG.01961c6959e772856975703064191042.JPGIMG_2815.thumb.JPG.6c06e0c9659da10b9ec9d37223c3fcb0.JPG

Hi Skunkworks. Welcome.  I'm a Michigander and see that Mackinac Island (note the spelling) is in your travel plans.  Your CTSW should be a great aircraft to travel in and Mackinac Island would be a beautiful place to visit.

Archived