Right Stick Removal

One thing to note: there is no disconnect in the stick for the PTT wires, so you'll have to clip them and wire in a disconnect if you want to be able to take the stick in and out, and retain the PTT button on the right side.

My right stick has been out for some time, it gives passengers more room without worrying about the stick.  I put it back in a couple of times for people that wanted to try flying.  I have not yet wired in a disconnect for the PTT wires, but so far haven't missed not having it on that side.

15 hours ago, CTSleepy said:

Thanks for your response. I haven't received my CTSW yet, so if the right stick is removed, I can still communicate with my passenger but the passenger won't be able to transmit over the radio correct?

Correct, the voice activated intercom will still work normally, only PTT won't be there for the passenger

Also be aware, the bracket that attaches to the stick comes up above the floor for a couple of inches, so you need to make sure the passenger knows not to put something against it that can jam the controls.  I left the stick boot on as will, with a zip tie around the top to seal off the area from dust and debris.

9 hours ago, CTSleepy said:

I may 3d print something to fit over it, I have to look at it first and then see. Thank you for your help. 

Oh, that's a great idea.  I have a 3d printer and might try to engineer something myself.  If you get something you like, please share it, and I'll do the same.  We might even consider printing a few extras for the others that don't have printers.  I'm flying Saturday so I'll take some measurements.

2 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

OMG I've need a cup/water bottle holder for five years.

I find laying a water bottle between the seat and the stick works well. For me I would never remove the right stick. That is the side I fly from the most, even when solo.

Archived