BRS Rocket Disposal

The BRS rocket is required to be replaced every 12 years.  Thus I just did so on my 2006 CTSW.  The new rocket comes as a kit since it cannot be shipped assembled.  The old rocket cannot be shipped or disassembled.  Since it is labeled as an explosive I wondering how best to dispose of it.  Anybody else dealing with this problem? 

It can be disassembled, but I'm saving a few of them to shoot off. :):)

You could take it to a fire station. They usually take hazmat items. We do in Tucson. It doesn't explode, but burn violently out through the nozzle like a normal rocket. I would be a rocketeer group would love to have it to. No spark or fire no issue.

Well - learning from my previous post that the old rocket can be disassembled, I did so - not that hard.   So now I no longer have an old rocket to dispose of , but still have two chunks of propellant to dispose of.  I have disassembled the old igniter and burned the few granules of  propellant from it.  Has anyone tried to burn the rocket propellant?

10 hours ago, jackwhickman said:

Well - learning from my previous post that the old rocket can be disassembled, I did so - not that hard.   So now I no longer have an old rocket to dispose of , but still have two chunks of propellant to dispose of.  I have disassembled the old igniter and burned the few granules of  propellant from it.  Has anyone tried to burn the rocket propellant?

I imagine the propellant is extremely fast burning, I don't think I'd want to burn it without some kind of blast shield between me and it...  Maybe an electric igniter on the end of a LONG wire, and far away from anything flammable.

• 1 month later...