Door locking

Hi everyone. Just got my 2006 CTSW and I have a stupid question... how do you lock the doors? Do you latch the doors closed and then lock it? Because I can turn the key but not the whole way so I can't get the key out. Do you push the doors in unlatched and then lock it? Because I can't do that either. 

On a different note. I'd like to get a spare set of tires... anyone know which to order or where I find out which I have?

Thanks

Latch the door and if the key will not turn push the door in further with your hand to help align the slot and lock. If this still fails open the door and take a Dremel Tool with a cut off blade and open the lock slot  a little more. It worked at one time, but I think after sitting a few years the frame settles under the weight and cause the door opening and door to be just a tad out of align. This is why some start to see a small air opening in the front edge of the door and or the door starts to touch or gets really close to the rear door opening edge.

Do a forum search and the key type will pop up.

11 hours ago, CTSleepy said:

Hi everyone. Just got my 2006 CTSW and I have a stupid question... how do you lock the doors? Do you latch the doors closed and then lock it? Because I can turn the key but not the whole way so I can't get the key out. Do you push the doors in unlatched and then lock it? Because I can't do that either. 

On a different note. I'd like to get a spare set of tires... anyone know which to order or where I find out which I have?

Thanks

The tire size will be on the sidewall of the tire. The standard tire size is 4.00x6 for the mains and 4.00x4 for the nose. Tundra gear has 6.00x6 for the mains and 4.00x6 for the nose. My preference is for 6 ply tires. The mains and tundra nose you can get from Desser. The standard nose you can get from Wings and Wheels. If you are okay with a 8 ply nose tire, then all can be had from Desser.

On the door you might mark the edge of the latch with a little paint, fingernail polish, or grease, and place a piece of masking tape over the slot for the door lock to see where it is actually hitting. You can then make adjustments from there from there.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, Roger Lee said:

Latch the door and if the key will not turn push the door in further with your hand to help align the slot and lock. If this still fails open the door and take a Dremel Tool with a cut off blade and open the lock slot  a little more. It worked at one time, but I think after sitting a few years the frame settles under the weight and cause the door opening and door to be just a tad out of align. This is why some start to see a small air opening in the front edge of the door and or the door starts to touch or gets really close to the rear door opening edge.

Do a forum search and the key type will pop up.

Hey Roger, didn't realize you made this reply. Which Dremel bit did you use... I'm buying a dremel just for this purpose.

Thanks!

Tom

Archived