Sign in to follow this  
gja533

BSR chute repack

My 5 year chute repack is due on my CTsw.  I live in Cincinnati,  any suggestions as to the closest maintenance facility to do this job?

Also, is the 5 year repack a suggestion or a requirement for the CTsw?  Just wondering. ..

I recently hade it done, and have some information that I think might help you.  I can be reached at 314 409-8932.

BTW, my daughter did her student teaching in Loveland (Mason Schold) when she went to Miami of Ohio.  Great community.

Andy Bresler

It is a requirement. It is very easy to remove and install. If you have a mechanic you can call me and I'll tell you how to do it. It takes about 15-20 minutes and it goes back in the same way. Is this the 12 year chute and rocket re-pack?

Anybody can remove this with just a Philips screwdriver, a 1/8" Allan wrench and a 7/16" socket. Maybe a pair of wire cutters if a plastic wire tie is in the way.

13 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

It is a requirement. It is very easy to remove and install. If you have a mechanic you can call me and I'll tell you how to do it. It takes about 15-20 minutes and it goes back in the same way. Is this the 12 year chute and rocket re-pack?

Anybody can remove this with just a Philips screwdriver, a 3mm Allan wrench and a 7/16" socket. Maybe a pair of wire cutters if a plastic wire tie is in the way.

Wait until you do a CTLSi. No longer a 15-20 minute job.

The proper size for the cable screw is 1/8". To remove the pickup collar takes a 1/4" wrench or socket, I actually use my screw driver that accepts 1/4" bits. Also a 5/32" Allen for the 3 screws that attach the rocket. A 3/4" wrench for the link where the straps attach, and the cable to the cone.

Like Roger said it is not a hard job to remove and install. Rocket assembly is not hard, but you need to be able to follow instructions. The airplane can be flown to and from a maintenance facility for the service if you follow Flight Designs procedures for operating the aircraft with the chute not installed. Ideally if you can have it done at your home airport would be best. I'm not sure, but it might be worth the cost to call BRS and have them send you a shipping box. DO NOT SHIP THE ROCKET!!

Thanks everyone for your help.  Roger, my mechanic and I will be contacting you in the next couple of weeks for your help and instruction.    Annual is due in may so it will be in that time frame.  Thanks again to all for your ideas and help.