Acft tug for CTLS

Blueyonder

Reminds me of the day 8 years ago when I bought my CTLS from Robert King, a 77 year old gentleman with terminal cancer.

Having come from the Cirrus World I naturally was interested in getting the  tow bar for the plane before he left. So I asked him where it was located.

He promptly got out of the plane and began pushing it back into my hangar. I admit I was somewhat embarrassed after he told me that he didn't need any help.

Hi.

Under most circumstances they are easy to handle unless you have a 6% grade and drain that is 10in deep by 4Ft wide with a couple of inches of lip  on both sides that if you get a running start the tail scrapes the asphalt, and the rails with a 3 in  lip 4in apart. I would like to get that young gentleman to try his hand at it. It can be done but it takes a couple of days to recover, and likely will take longer as time goes on.

We use a gas powered golf card.   It will move everything including the twin Cessna.   We had to decal it as an aircraft tuG to get it past the fire dept.   We put the hitch on the front of the cart so it’s easy to push things into the hanger even uphill.   New carts from Yamaha are a little over $5000. Used carts from a golf course are usually a grand or so.

farmer

Archived