The New F-Series Has Been Officially Announced

Arian

The LSA regs have a maximum cruising speed of 120 knots.  Are the LSA regs changing soon or is this still a few years away??

What do we know about the US version speed?

The European version with the bigger engine doing 150 knots should be really amazing...

I'm really hopeful this thing comes to fruition.  I will fly my CTLS for another year or so and will move into a 4 seat something.  I would like to stay with a modern engine/avionics.

From my understanding it will not be LSA.  I poked around in it at OSH too.  Flew up there in my CTLS with my buddy who is #260 who has a 182 and he was impressed.

3 hours ago, iaw4 said:

The LSA regs have a maximum cruising speed of 120 knots.  Are the LSA regs changing soon or is this still a few years away??

What do we know about the US version speed?

The European version with the bigger engine doing 150 knots should be really amazing...

It's looking like the new LSA regs will have a wing loading formula for determining what is LSA.  That means max speed wouldn't be a factor, though lightly loaded airplanes tend not to be the fastest.

uhmmm...wing loading?  so it won't matter if the wing is a square, a triangle, or an aerodynamic foil?  how strange.  I understand stall speeds, but wing loading seems weird.

yes, I wish I had less wing loading here in the high desert mountains...on good days, I may be able to soar without an engine.

6 hours ago, iaw4 said:

uhmmm...wing loading?  so it won't matter if the wing is a square, a triangle, or an aerodynamic foil?  how strange.  I understand stall speeds, but wing loading seems weird.

yes, I wish I had less wing loading here in the high desert mountains...on good days, I may be able to soar without an engine.

I don't think loading will be the only part of the formula, stall speed might be specified as well.  Stall speed and wing loading together are probably the two primary component of "LSA-like" docile handling.  The speed thing was always weird and makes little sense, it's basically penalizing manufacturers for efficient design.