Tuned pipe for Rotax 912?

ibjet

My exhaust system seems to have terrible flow disturbance, the welded joints are not well aligned and not designed to flow smoothly from one section to the next. I'm thinking that would be a great bolt on horse power. But, I know also that aviation engines should not be experimented with lightly (the ability to run at full throttle on take off is based on many different parameters). 

Anyway, just thought I'd ask if anyone has seen or heard of a smooth flow header system for the CT/Rotax? 

ET

I have been working on this for over 5 months. Prototype worked well but noise level is too high, changing design a little at this time. Rotax exhaust is 100 +/- 1 DBa at cruise. Trying to at least get that. There are a lot of difficulties in changing the exhaust such as tight cowling and cabine heat. Biggest advantage is more room under engine, better airflow through radiator and pipes less prone to cracking. I may or may not be successful in this. Time will tell.

20190209_162249.jpg