Another prop adjustment question

Andy A

I'm thinking about making one final adjustment to my CTLSi prop.  I can currently hit 5400 in ECO mode, which is below 98 percent power.  This is usually at about 4.8 gallons per hour.  If I bump it up to 99 percent power can hit 5500 and occasionally 5550 at 6.2 gallons per hour.  I am wondering if it is possible to flatten the pitch of the prop less than a half of a degree to hit 5500 rpms and stay in ECO mode?  WOT currently gets me about 5600 rpm.  Since I do most of my flying at 98 percent power, I wanted to squeak out all the rpms I can and remain in ECO mode. 

1 hour ago, Andy A said:

If I bump it up to 99 percent power can hit 5500 and occasionally 5550 at 6.2 gallons per hour. 

That isn't 99 percent power (you do not have access to 99% in cruise and you probably don't even have it in climb. what is the best power at 5,800?) instead its 99% throttle.  99% throttle is something you do have access to. :) 

====================

Edit  Best power available at 5,500 is ~92%

1 hour ago, Andy A said:

I am wondering if it is possible to flatten the pitch of the prop less than a half of a degree to hit 5500 rpms and stay in ECO mode?

Eco mode is based on MAP and a flatter pitch would give you more MAP @  5500 so no it would work the other way.  You wouldn't stay in ECO mode at higher Rs instead you would leave it at lower Rs

You are propped well at 5600 and I would leave it alone. If you coarsen the prop you will lose some fuel economy and climb. Eco mode usually starts above 5300 rpm. You can stay under 5300 rpm to cruise for best fuel economy or cruise at 5400 and go a couple knots faster, but burn a lot more fuel. Enjoy it the way it is. It is setup properly.