Looking for DPE on the west coast

CWC

Hello all,

I seem to be having a problem others have mentioned, I can't find a DPE!  I had originally decided to go for Sport Pilot to avoid having to do a special issuance on a medical certificate, but once I was ready for my check ride I was unable to find a DPE within 5 states that would give a sport pilot practical in any AC! So, I went and got my class 3 medical and completed the requirements for Privet Pilot.  Now the local DPEs want me to "Rent a Cessna" for my practical! While I have nothing in particular against Cessna's I would hate to spend a couple extra thousand $ first renting one to cross train and then test in when I have a outstanding AC at my disposal.  Anyhow, if anyone has a suggestion of a DPE familiar with the CTLS in Northern CA or Southern OR, or anywhere on the west cost Id appreciate a lead.

Thanks,

Chris

Sorry you are having that problem. I dont understand why they do that. My DPE got in my CTLS on checkride day and it was the first time he had seen one. He was good with me sending him the POH before hand to look at. Good luck. (Im out central/eastern side of the country).

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Replying to my own post here in case someone else needs some help finding a DPE on the west cost:

In addition to the leads earlier in the thread I found:

Sport Pilot DPE:

Liknaitzky, Matt in Torrance CA

Emonds, Jason in Cave Junction OR

Privet Pilot DPEs willing to administer a test in the CTLS:

Ramond Beverly in Eugene, OR

Uwe Britsch in Klamath Falls, OR

Chris