Sort field no obstacle landing speed suggestions?

Buckaroo

I’m finally working on short field landings. Soon I’ll be going into some very short dirt and grass Montana back woods strips. What’s the slowest safe indicated approach speed say 100 foot and lower you short landers recommend? 

2007 CTSW. 

If I remember correctly, in that configuration my stall will be somewhere less than 39KIAS. At those low airspeeds the air speed indicator is not accurate. And I do get some float when 200 or so pounds below max gross especially with a low flare. . 

That book number is for a gross weight aircraft. The book also says that if you are landing off airport due to an engine failure your short final airspeed should be 45KIAS.

I suggest you keep it at book numbers until you are thoroughly comfortable and proficient in the aircraft. As your proficiency increases you can experiment at 49KIAS then 48KIAS, etc. 

For me, if I can't get in at 50KIAS on short final then I don't need to go there. 

I’ve had the plane for 200 hours now and am just getting into these full flap low speed landings. I’ve done a few along the way but never really liked the feel. 

Now tho I’m becoming interested in challenging myself with spot on landings and finding them actually fun. Yesterday I did one with a 10 knot headwind and experienced the strangest landing ever. She landed three point yawed left and right lifted off again then settled on. It never bounced but the flat attitude all along felt strange. I remember working the rudder like a tail dragger. Lol

50 knots at 30 & 40 for me to. At this speed I can land in 1K ft. and less all day long.

If you try to shave every last knot off one day you may be posting picks here of your smashed gear. There isn't enough to be gained by trying to shave a few knots off.

With respect to landing and lifting off again, the second my wheels touchdown I lift the flaps. This makes the landing stick, especially in gusty conditions, and allows you to brake without skidding.

I don't think a light sport should have its flaps in any position other than -15 degrees when on the ground - from touchdown to the beginning of the next takeoff roll. 

Mike Koerner

22 hours ago, sandpiper said:

I use 50KIAS and flaps 30. Flaps 40 if needed.

Exactly what I do.  I will cheat it down to 48kt if the wind is calm and I want to land ASAP (As Short As Possible).  

If you look at the grass landing videos I posted in another thread, those were all done in the 48-50kt range at 30° flaps.

20 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Exactly what I do.  I will cheat it down to 48kt if the wind is calm and I want to land ASAP (As Short As Possible).  

If you look at the grass landing videos I posted in another thread, those were all done in the 48-50kt range at 30° flaps.

Where are those videos please?