Uavionix Tailbeacon installed on CTSW

TargheeDon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just went to install my TailBeacon on my Citabria 7ECA and it won't fit in the hole so started looking for an alternative and found your post.  Are you doing any of the extensions to sell as i am interested in purchasing 1?  I don't have a 3D printer and don't have the knowledge to operate 1 if so.  Thanks, Mike Swanson  402-4909-4757 and you are welcome to call or text.

14 minutes ago, mudhollow madman said:

Just went to install my TailBeacon on my Citabria 7ECA and it won't fit in the hole so started looking for an alternative and found your post.  Are you doing any of the extensions to sell as i am interested in purchasing 1?  I don't have a 3D printer and don't have the knowledge to operate 1 if so.  Thanks, Mike Swanson  402-4909-4757 and you are welcome to call or text.

Mike the file was made available in this thread. There are many online 3D printers that will print one out for you for around $80. 

• 2 weeks later...

Other advantages of the plastic extension is low delectric constant material and it extends farther aft for better signal field of view (gps). Not sure if the rudder is partially blocking signal from above without extension,  but definitely could be possible. Adsb signal from ground stations should be fine except when directly “nose on” aspect. I have over 100 hours with the Tailbeacon extension with no anomalies. Thanks. Best, TargheeDon

Don, or anybody else here on the forum, do you know if your extension would fit the same on a 2011 CTLS? I haven’t been flying mine much and haven’t done the ADSB Out thing yet. Now my friend wants to rent the plane, so we need to get compliant. I like this tailbdacon solution. If your extension fits a CTLS, I would pay you are somebody else here to print me one. Thx All. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...