iPads

Animosity2k

36 minutes ago, Animosity2k said:

Silly question but why does my Foreflight not give me a "Traffic" Option. I just loaded Foreflight up last night and was messing with it at home. 

“Traffic” option will not display until an ADS-B receiver is detected.

11 minutes ago, Animosity2k said:

Does the CTLS typically come with some sort of ADS-B? I am currently training in a 2012 CTLS. 

The new airplanes come equipped with ADS-B “Out” and “In.” To activate “Traffic,” an ADS-B “In” signal must be detected. If the airplane is not equipped with ADS-B “Out” also, then the “traffic” received (and displayed) will be an incomplete picture of traffic around your aircraft.

More detailed ADS-B information is abundant on the internet. Additionally, this information is in the Pilot’s Guide to Foreflight Mobile.

4 minutes ago, Animosity2k said:

Bill appreciate the tip. When you mention new ones, I am assuming that is way post 2012 (what I am flying now). Also does foreflight just pick up on the device and connect automatically if the plane has an ADS-B equipped?

I don’t know when FD added full ADS-B as standard package, but I doubt that 2012 was included.

Foreflight “Traffic” automatically connects to an ADS-B receiver via WI-FI.

• 1 month later...