From Whitney Russel Col - finally

Ed Cesnalis

I've wanted to do this shot for years but everytime I get close I chicken out.  Until this morning, it wasn't a great morning and I was even slower than I like but I did it. I had a small crowd watching me or maybe the sunrise? here's the shot followed by 3 on the way home

Whitney-11.jpg

Midway Milestone.jpg

Cotter.jpg

Avalanche Pass.jpg

10 hours ago, Ed Cesnalis said:

I've wanted to do this shot for years but everytime I get close I chicken out.  Until this morning, it wasn't a great morning and I was even slower than I like but I did i

Why would you chicken out ?   I am assuming the answer but prefer to hear it to confirm my thoughts  :)  Also - "slower than i like"  --  because of the altitude ?

6 hours ago, cdarza said:

Why would you chicken out ?   I am assuming the answer but prefer to hear it to confirm my thoughts  :)  Also - "slower than i like"  --  because of the altitude ?

The photo below shows the entire Whitney Russel Col.  I chicken out because the venturi effect.  I just happen to be at 75kts IAS no good reason.

Russell Whitney Col.jpg