1st Annual Roswell, NM UFO Festival Fly-In

Roger Lee

Go a head and laugh now and get it out of the way so you can wipe away the tears in your eyes to read the rest of the post. cool.gif

Roswell, New Mexico UFO Festival Fly-In July 1-3, 2011

http://www.ufofestivalroswell.com/ (Festival site)

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KROW (airport)

Roswell, NM has a UFO Festival every year. 20K people come to Roswell from 42 countries. The entire town dresses up, has parades, conferences, seminars, beauty pageant, dancing, UFO museum, music, food and more.

There are several of us already going.biggrin.gifWe will arrive the morning of July 1st and leave the morning of July 4th. This looks to be a hoot so don't miss.

The above link shows a few things for this years event, but some things are still to be posted. I believe they have had this for the last 10 years. You can look on the web and see the 2010 UFO Festival was great. This is a great chance to get away for a few days and have a little fun and I'm sure more than a few laughs.

Here is the hotel info:

Days Inn 888-440-2021 (use this number) main reservations for Days Inn

(direct line 575-623-4021)

1310 N. Main (center to restaurants and activities)

$68 (non cancel-able rate, $85 cancel-able rate)

I signed up for the cancel-able rate of $85, but they said call up to the last day and change it over to the $68 rate once your sure your going.

We will fly in to Roswell airport July 1st and tie down.

The town is about 8 miles north so we have Enterprise Rent-a- Car at the airport.

I will post by about Tuesday a link that from now on everyone on this site can use Enterprise and get a corporate rate no matter where you go. I will post that link as soon as I have it. You can make a car reservation with them now and I would @ 575-622-4866 ask for Justin.

Several of the couples are splitting the cars.

Don't miss this fun event. If you have any questions give me a call.

I have heard and know that this town and accommodations fill up very fast and early. If you at all think you want to go you better make those reservations now and do not wait. You can always cancel. Not much room left after 20K people descend on this little town.

p.s.

Bring your sunscreen and a swim suit. I don't think Roswell is ready for this body sad.gifso shorts and a shirt work, too.

p.s.s.

If you are coming let me know so we will know who to look out for and plan for.

This is a fun time. Drove down there for the first one in 1998 if I recall the year correctly. Anyway, I bounced this off the Mark I Mod 2 Spousal Unit and she informs me that we are definitely going! Provided Lynn is there of course! Will look forward to seeing you there Roger. Will make reservations shortly using the tactic you used....

Hi John-Olav,

She'll be there. Said she wouldn't miss it. Say's she is looking forward to seeing your wife again. If that happens I wonder what us men folks are going to do. smile.gif Looks like we may have a nice little group get together.

Good deal. We will be there. If Wx prevents flying we will drive! Looking forward to it. On another note, I am headed back to the Grand Canyon for a two week rafting trip...but it falls in October and will keep me from making Page. Lisa is not happy with me but that has been scheduled for several months and the money paid in. So instead she made me promise that we would fly over Tucson way as the way to make up for it. I hate to miss Page but I do the Grand every three years, either in the early Spring or mid-Fall when the temps are reasonable. In any case, we'll see you in Roswell!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Special notice to all.

I have set up a corporate rate and benefits account for all of us to use anywhere and anytime you want to use Enterprise Rent A Car. No matter where you are or what time of year any of you can use this.

The account number is XZL3402 and the pin # GOB.

You can make your reservations on line or call them.

Our Enterprise brand is considered a value brand, meaning we always try to give you the best rate possible when booking a reservation. Under our corporate program we offer an additional 5% discount off our already low rate. But here are some additional benefits you will receive.

Customized web like- easy reservation process, simple to manage, secure limits errors and increase use of rental.

• Open Availability- guarantees vehicle when needed. Preferred service over other rental types.
  • No Fees/Waived Fees- money saving feature, allow for more convenient transaction, increases use, larger rental base due to removal of certain fees.
  • Personalized Service- dedicated account representative backed by a network of locations providing award winning customer service.

p.s. If you have not made your car reservations for the Roswell New Mexico UFO Festival Fly-In July 1-3 then you should do this right now. They will absolutely run out of rooms for hotels and cars in this town for this event. It's easier to cancel then to walk into town.

• 1 month later...

Hi Wayne,

Are you flying over in your plane? If so are you doing it in one day? If you want you could come a day early and put up in my hanger and then leave with us really early Friday morning. Flying across the desert heat during the middle of the day is very thermally. I can provide transportation and a hotel is only about $50-$55?

Let me know.

Roger Lee

Hi All,

We have 8 or so planes coming to Roswell. Come on and join the fun. It should be a fun weekend and a little different from the norm. If you are coming and haven't let us know please post here.

You can't miss this it looks like a great time for all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a couple more weeks to go for a laugh a minute trip. If you haven't made reservations it may or may not be too late. I know there will be a lot of last minute cancellations at the hotel from around the world. If you want to come and haven't made a reservation then call everyday and you should be able to fill in for someone's cancellation. Get a car from Enterprise too . I figure it should be about a 4 hr. flight from Tucson. We will land in Deming, NM for a quick stretch and bathroom break. That is just shy of half way. We will leave Tucson close to first light to beat the heat, thermals and or winds later in the day. There are a 3-4 CT's coming out of southern AZ and we should be in Roswell at 0930 ish, but no later than 1000 hrs. Bring your shorts or bathing suits. Maybe Sunday we can all grab a box lunch and head north about 10 miles to a pretty little lake for a swim and lunch. Don't forget your costumes.

SEE YA THERE!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived