Went from static WOT 5000 to 5170 with this!

Buckaroo

Well today I finally got with my prop balancer dude who put some mojo on my rig! After warming her up to 122 my guy attached the necessary stuff to measure a true prop balance. My wide open static rpm was right at 5000 rpm at 3880 msl.  To make a long story short we added 30 grams of weight to the problematic one of six prop bolts. After a re-start I full throttled her to max and by golly my static rpm increase was 5170 or 170 rpm. Impressed I did a test flight and sure enough she was much more refined and smooth feeling. 

The weights added on one stud of six was 3 weights at 10 grams each. 

This has smoothed my ride out immensely!  

Get a prop balance ASAP! 

We all have six prop hub bolts. Picture the bad side hub bolt fixed with three ring washers on one of the six bolts weighting 10 grams each. As a final top off he affixed a very small washer on an the hub bolt to make the rotation perfect. 

Wow these plastic prop companies obviously don’t balance there stuff! I’m thinking in their minds they think these little toy props can get by without the attention to detail! Wrong!!

I read that most prop manufacturers don’t balance their props. That’s like mounting new tires without balancing. 

After how mine feels now I want to scream out to everyone to at least have yours checked. Mine was a number of 4 before balance and .05 after balance. The difference was amazing.