Propeller inspection/replacement 1999 CT2K

marakii

2 hours ago, marakii said:

Hello and thanks, how often does the prop need to be inspected and totally replaced on a 1999 CT2K aircraft?  

Trying to get confirmation from an owner that has his CT2K for sale.

What kind of propeller?

A CT2K built in 1999 is likely not going to be a SLSA, so those rules will not apply. You will need to determine how the aircraft is certified, and look at the operating limitations in regards to how it needs to be maintained. For a Canadian advanced ultralight I have no clue what the maintenance requirements are.

Tom,

My CT2k is an SLSA. It was built in 2004, before the LSA rules were established, then grandfathered in as an SLSA.

Markii,

LSA regulations do not apply in Canada. It's a US designation.  Other counties have different requirements for non-certified light aircraft and Flight Design made different versions of its aircraft to meet these local standards. (Importing the wrong version could be a regulatory nightmare.)

This problem only occurs on light and experimental aircraft. Certified aircraft meet an international set of standards that ALL nations have agreed to.

As Al mentioned, and per Service Bulletin TM-17-01, Neuform has established a 2000-hour "inspection interval for factory overhauls (TBO)" on all its ground-adjustable props manufactured after Jan 1, 2000. By current interpretation of US regulations, this requirement only applies if you rent the aircraft, or use it for flight training. For personal use, you can continue to operate the aircraft beyond any such manufacturer's requirements.

Mike Koerner

8 hours ago, Mike Koerner said:

Tom,

My CT2k is an SLSA. It was built in 2004, before the LSA rules were established, then grandfathered in as an SLSA.

I can see that for a airplane built to ASTM standards, but before the FAA accepted the standards and the rule went into place. I' not sure it would be the same for a 1999 production airplane built before ASTM standards were in place.