CTsw seatbelt upgrade option

I've been unhappy with the shoulder harnesses on the CTsw as they loosen up constantly. 

So I worked with Barrington Black at Schroth, and we came up with a great replacement set of belts that Arian at Flight Design USA has approved for an MRA.

They were right at $1000 for a pair of the rotary buckle versions and while I didn't price it out, the automotive seatbelt flap release version might be $600 a pair.

I had been quoted $1800 for the rotary version from Aircraft Belts, Inc.

They are set up so you pull the lap belt up to tighten instead of down like the stock belts, which was always a challenge in the CT.

They offer a ton of colors for the belts and the buckle. The part number will change based on your color choices, but if you want exactly what is depicted, call Barrington and give him these part numbers:

4-01-KY0223REVA

4-01-KY5223REVA

IMG_6002.thumb.jpeg.6eb62e051ae5fb79e057ed3827d5fae5.jpegIMG_6005.thumb.jpeg.78c2a9327f8b7153f919e604db7370f7.jpegIMG_5995.thumb.jpeg.e0b1f59c1c9599bc988d17f12ae7253b.jpeg

After you give them the order, you need to fill out a form or two to become a customer and to set up a payment method. This was the more frustrating part, but it's worth it. The belts take 8 weeks to be delivered, but could be expedited for a fee to cut that time in half. The fee was around $400, so I was forced to be patient.

The belts don't loosen, they are comfortable and fit nicely. I'm extremely happy with them. They are adjustable at the mounting position, so you have some leeway when you install them. I had to shorten the straps about 4" or so. Very easy to do.

After installing, contact Arian to get the MRA for your paperwork, which is $65.

Here's the USA contact for Schroth:

Barrington Black| Senior Application Engineer

SCHROTH Safety Products LLC

1371 SW 8th St. #3 | Pompano Beach, FL 33069

(O)+1.954.642.5051  Ext. 336|(F) +1.954.784.3179

barrington.black@us.schroth.com

Kent

• 10 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, Madhatter said:

I had two issues with the seat belts, loosing problem and the shoulder harness falling off the shoulder. I was able to correct both but I am ELSA.

20180709_195231.jpg

Where did the sheep covers come from? Those are perfect and I need to order a set! Thank you!

I believe I got them from  Rocky Mountain Sheepskin but they may be out of business. There are a lot of companies making these however make sure to get them from someone who deals with aircraft. The cheap ones are not all sheepskin and have fake sheepskin backs and sides. I've used high quality ones on every aircraft I've owned, and will last 20 yrs if they are good quality 1" thick. 

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Those covers look pretty nice, but I think in Georgia summer I would lose five pounds in sweat sitting on a thick wool seat cover!  😆

One of the claims I have heard about wool covers are that they are warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer. It might surprise you. certainly better than black leather.