Dynon Skyview Wi-Fi Adaptor

EB3

I bought two Dynon wi-fi USB adaptors to create a wi-fi environment in my CTLS in order to upload flight plans created in ForeFlight. As you may or may not know, if your CTLS is equipped with 2 Skyviews, then you must have an adaptor in each unit for wi-fi. Upon removing my Dynons to access the USB ports in the back, I discovered there was already one adaptor installed, so all I needed was one more. Now I have an extra adaptor.

Before I return the extra to Dynon, does anyone here need or want an adaptor?

2 hours ago, Roger said:

If two are needed, why was there only one installed?

I mean, do you really need two, if not I would purchase the extra one you have.

From reading the Dynon site, you must have two adaptors if you have two Skyviews, one for each unit.  Why there was one already installed is strange - I don't think that's normal.  My understanding was that an adaptor isn't standard a component on a unit, it's an add-on item. 

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Agreed.

However, with only one installed, perhaps any WiFi download MAY only 

work on the unit with the adapter attached?

Upon re-reading the Dynon site, I believe you're correct, which makes sense. The site says for "redundancy" you'd have to have both units equipped with an adaptor, which tells me you can have wifi with one or both units. Regardless, I'm glad to have both units equipped. I wouldn't want one unit to be jealous of the other.

Sooo, I still have an extra adaptor, if anyone wants it. 😁

• 1 month later...