Aux Input Not Working, ideas?

JGray

Hi guys,

So I'm finally soloing in my 2012 CTLS and have been wanting to listen to some music off my phone. I plugged my phone in via an aux cable to the input Jack and have tried switching the XM switch back and forth but am not getting any music or noise for that matter out if it. Intercom works fine, is there something simple I'm missing? 

Thanks and happy flying!

IMG_20190623_093136_519.jpg

One thing I have noticed is if there is any noise, the intercom will cutout the aux input (GPS or AUX port).  The audio is routed into a non priority port on the intercom, meaning that anything that comes through the audio panel will result in the aux audio being silenced. My CTLS had an issue with grounding that would cause random, almost rhythmic “pops” in the headsets, and that would cause aux audio to cut out. Are you noticing anything in the intercom (feedback, ground loops, etc) noise wise that may be triggering the audio panel to cutout that source?

12 hours ago, JGray said:

Hi guys,

So I'm finally soloing in my 2012 CTLS and have been wanting to listen to some music off my phone. I plugged my phone in via an aux cable to the input Jack and have tried switching the XM switch back and forth but am not getting any music or noise for that matter out if it. Intercom works fine, is there something simple I'm missing? 

Thanks and happy flying!

IMG_20190623_093136_519.jpg

Yes. You are missing Bose A20s with Bluetooth. 😁

Thank you, yes this makes sense and come to think of it there is some distortion in the head sets - and I never thought about the GPS "talking" because I've never heard it do so. I have some avionics upgrades scheduled and will be sure to mention that and make sure I get that working at the same time. Thank you so much for the input! I always figured the distortion (prop or engine noise) was just my El cheapo ASA headsets. 

Lol no doubt Ben! I wish, have to save that cash for avionics upgrades first. Maybe in a few years. I guess for now I'll use my wireless earbuds and see how that works, or even just 1 if they don't allow me to clearly hear the intercom/radio. 

Thanks again to everyone for the input, you guys rock!! I'm loving the CTLS too by the way, awesome little plane. Having lots of fun, my dream since being a teenager is finally coming true. Couldn't be happier with the plane and this forum as a resource, hopefully someday I can return the favor!