2019 BRM Aero Bristell

WmInce

Nice airplane, but $285 seem like a lot of money for what it is.  I wonder why the gross weight is 1320?   I would think the gross weight would be adjusted to what the airplane is actually capable of handling, since it isn't considered LSA.  It would be interesting to see what the gross weight would be if it was in the normal airplane category.    It's probably capable of IFR flight in IMC with that Garmin GPS.  The link to their website lists a 140 knot cruise. 

My CTLSi weighs 856 lbs, so this one is in line with that.  However, I don't consider the CTLSi to be as nicely equipped as this one.

47 minutes ago, Andy A said:

Nice airplane, but $285 seem like a lot of money for what it is.  I wonder why the gross weight is 1320?   I would think the gross weight would be adjusted to what the airplane is actually capable of handling, since it isn't considered LSA.  It would be interesting to see what the gross weight would be if it was in the normal airplane category.    It's probably capable of IFR flight in IMC with that Garmin GPS.  The link to their website lists a 140 knot cruise. 

My CTLSi weighs 856 lbs, so this one is in line with that.  However, I don't consider the CTLSi to be as nicely equipped as this one.

The ad says it is a SLSA, so that is why it has the 1320 gross weight.