Dynon Ghosting

Olarry

On my way to a fly in last Sunday, a friend flying fairly close said I was showing up on his screen at two different altitudes. I’m also getting a verbal (traffic) warning from the system, which is me, very annoying as this happens frequently in a short flight. There were 30 other planes in the vicinity and mine was the only one doing this. After contacting Dynon, there explanation was I was flying in an area that has several different radar sites and I’m being interagated by multiple sites causing my equipment to show different altitudes and to wait until 2020 to see if it goes away. Not a good explanation in my opinion so I’m wondering if any one else is having this problem?

I was over Long Island sound coming home from a breakfast recently.. beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky.  Then my Dynon said "Traffic"... So I scan the screen to determine where the traffic is... and it revealed an icon literally right on top of me, same height... I am looking around all over the place but I didn't dare adjust the flight pattern.  In about 30 seconds it went away.  Spoke to a guy the other day who is a Corporate Pilot and occasionally ferries GA aircraft and he told me that that condition happens sometimes... basically, my system picked me up.  The icon was me.  Unnerving.  He explained It isn't a Dynon thing, it is a System (GPS network???) thing.  The Dynon did its job.

I occasionally get the same thing with my GDL-82/Stratux setup.  It's an annoyance.  I think it happens because of delayed messages coming back from the ADS-B ground towers.  Dome gear seems to be better at filtering this out than others.  I actually think this is caused by the IN part of the install, which receives and interprets traffic messages.

I don’t remember this happening on my GDL 82 setup with Garmin 796/pilot combo.

I have seen some ghost like traffic and also “teleporting” traffic but none of that was close enough ...

It probably is also location specific how many towers and their overlap etc ...

33 minutes ago, Warmi said:

I don’t remember this happening on my GDL 82 setup with Garmin 796/pilot combo.

I have seen some ghost like traffic and also “teleporting” traffic but none of that was close enough ...

It probably is also location specific how many towers and their overlap etc ...

Like I said, I think it's IN dependent, in my case a Stratux device.  Do you have a GDL-39 or GDL-50 as your In device?