Question about Oshkosh

okent

I've got what is probably a stupid question.

Do I need to purchase tickets for the grounds if I fly to Oshkosh?(my guess is yes)  I'll be staying with a friend in his hangar on the field Tuesday through Friday.

Anyone else going?

Larry and duane flew up Sunday from St. Louis but could not land at Oshkosh because no camping or off of the hard surface parking allowed. We diverted  to big Rapids Michigan and spend some time with family and then flew back to Oshkosh Monday and got right in to the camping area. Right after we landed there closed camping again for capacity . Lots of activity, thousands of airplanes in the sky and on the ground and the air show was phenomenal as usual.

Thanks.  On my ADS-B IN it looked like a hornets nest around 1030.  They sent me to Green Lake to line up as 36 was closed for a short bit and everyone was landing on 27.  Once I got in line 36 opened up again so the delay was minimal.  I've got a buddy with a house just right off of the south side of the end of 27 so I just parked and walked over.

Crazy amount of planes there.  My first time to go.