SB carb clips o-ring

procharger

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Luckily my engine is not affected.  This looks like an annoying SB to comply with, since you have to pull the carbs off and disassemble them.

Most airplanes this can be done without removing the carbs. You just need to pull the top off the carb.

52 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

Most airplanes this can be done without removing the carbs. You just need to pull the top off the carb.

Don't you have to remove that super locked in screw inside?  I'd want to do that on a bench and not leaned over an engine with a heat gun...

It's been a while since I pulled my carbs apart, I can't remember if that screw has to come out to do this.

3 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Don't you have to remove that super locked in screw inside?  I'd want to do that on a bench and not leaned over an engine with a heat gun...

It's been a while since I pulled my carbs apart, I can't remember if that screw has to come out to do this.

Pop the top off the carb and remove the piston, change it out, then reinstall. You will have to do something with the throttle and choke cables. I think I would pull the throttle arm and disconnect the choke cable to lift the top off.

• 2 weeks later...