Sign in to follow this  
MileHighCTLS

LATEST FIRMWARE?

As a relatively new owner (less than 2-years), I bought my CTLS with 30-hours on it, I need some basic info.

What the latest firmware for Skyview Classic? I checked out Flight Design's website and there are no longer any links for firmware.

Definitely wait for Flight Designs to put the announcement on their website that the new firmware is available for download.  FD takes Dynon's new firmware and tailors it for our airplanes.  I jumped the gun on the last firmware upgrade and installed it before FD did their work.  It took me a few months of back and fourth with Arian to get all the bugs worked out.  The biggest problem I had was I lost the ability to read some of the engine monitors.  They just had red X's through them.  All's good now. 

wait for Flight Designs to put the announcement on their website that the new firmware is available for download.  FD takes Dynon's new firmware and tailors it for our airplanes

I did the firmware update without the above suggestion.  I am "ok", however, I have had a couple of buggy issues, nothing that couldn't be resolved by a quick reboot.  Good advice Andy.  

“Someone” installed the latest and greatest Dynon updates on my dual 10-inch system. Works great. No issue with sensors, red x’s or anything else. and if there was...there’s a thorough installation guide (for the entire skyview system) to trace it back and figure out why.

I had an issue w/ the update back in June that makes the screen indicate you are always in excess of airspeed and flap limitations when using the 6 pack style gauges. If you go to the ribbon and tape they are fine!