Fluctuating Oil Temps

Aaronp07

Over the past few flights, my oil temp has been flucuating, really fast and by quite a bit. It would move over 50 to 60 degrees plus in a split second, and kept going back and forth. I landed at an airport when I first saw it, and after taking off again it quit. It of course started up again on my next flight the next day. Thanks to this forum I think I fixed it, with no expensive mechanic bills! I conducted research on this forum and saw there was previous recomendations that this was caused by grounding issue. So today I removed the grounds on the engine, cleaned them up, and put them back on, making sure they were tight  I went up flying and the oil temp was right on! No more jumping around. Today was the 1st flight out of the last 3 where it didnt happen. I just wanted to bring this up in case anyone has this issue in the future, and say a big thank you to this forum and its posters once again! 

Aaron