AvMap fix or Velcro Ipad/Android table on panel

Belt13

Good day and a question to all of you that had this decision to make regarding panel GPS on the CT.

There is a AvMap EKP iV currently ( removed to update ) in my 2005 Ctsw.  It seems one of the two connectors broke off but before that in flight my Avmap kept shutting down and everytime i kept rebooting it it would just tell me to reboot or press any button (frustrating!).

I will be using this airplane for an ultralight school and from reading here on this forum , better to put velcro on the panel and put either a mini ipad or mini android which they tell me does not have GPS capability.  I'd rather put in a ipad or android and also use it for the flight school business ,  so I need suggestions on the best option i have on what to put in there instead of the AvMap or is it worth fixing (2005 model).

Also using an ipad or android tablet do you have to get one that is GPS cellular which means a monthly fee for the use of it , or can the mini ipad/tablet just use the gps capability.

I'm new to these gadgets so any advice would be great,  I'd love to use the Cloudahoy app as well to monitor flights.

Thank you for the time

I think the Android tablets all have built in GPS and Bluetooth capability(mine does). You can choose to get cellular (I didn't) which would give some ability to get updated weather along the way. And of course you can also get an ADS-B 'in' box that shares traffic data via wifi (or Bluetooth in the case of Garmin Pilot).  Good luck....