flap progrmming witout switch?

johnr

After much checking with none operating -6 flaps I needed to reset or reprogram. I received the 2 position up down switch & the micro switch when I purchased the 2006 CTSW 12 years ago. There was also a switch supplied that I had no idea as to what it had been used for. When I attempted to  program, I realised that the switch had been removed from the board . I have not been able to program the flaps without the switch

I am attaching a picture  of the switch as it was supplied with the aircraft.

Top marks & many thanks if anyone can  explain how to program the flaps without this switch attached to the board. It would seem to be a most difficult job to reattach it.

best regards

John R

Australia

sflapswitch?.jpg

Thanks for the reply & confirmation that I need to attach the switch(3).

I have been unable to find a wiring diagram for the switch. Page 87 in the maintenance manual shows the switch connection to the board but does not show the connection to the switch which has 6 positions & appears to be a simple on /off  DPDT.  to further complicate my problems I have no idea where the switch was located. there does not seem to be anywhere that the switch could be fixed to with the threaded nut which is still on the old switch. Did they just tape it to the wiring harness ?. There are still remnants of masking tape around the old switch!.

I cannot understand why the switch was removed. The flaps must have been programmed with this switch & after they were operating correctly the switch was removed??? Is it possible that the board was removed & programmed & then refitted??

You need to contact your distributor and ask for the flap programming instructions. There's three versions now I believe. Make sure you provide your aircraft type and serial number.

These programming switches ship with the airplane in a small bag, along with some other misc tools that are meant to go with the airplane when it's sold. If you dont have these, you'll have to build your own or order them.

Note: if you build the flap switch incorrectly, you will fry the board. First hand experience. It becomes a $1500 repair.