RPMs on Panel

Lou

The RPMs on the Dynon panel, shows 2450 but wont go any higher with the throttle all the way full. My instructor says the engine is turning much higher. Cant move down the run way because the check list is incomplete. This is a 2006 CT. Located at Reid Hillview in San Jose. Any thoughts?

At full power your 912 should be running at >5000 rpm. I would imagine that someone has adjusted your settings in your Dynon. The 2450 reading is more like a prop RPM than engine. The 912 has a 2.43 reduction gear which means the prop spins 2.43 times slower than the engine.  Maybe someone added the 2 pulses per revolution RPM adjustment in your Dynon (which is an option.)  See page 5-8 of the Dynon EMS-D120 installation guide which describes the setting to do this and check your Dynon.  You can always get a $20 digital photo laser tach sensor from Amazon to check the prop speed and multiply by 2.43 to get engine RPM

Thank you for the advice. It was set on 2 and I adjusted to 1 and I now have RPMs greater than 2450.

Can you tell me what the RPMs should be set on each one of the segments in the arc?

There is input for green to yellow 

Yellow to green

and green to red

Are there values I should have in each of those inputs on the menu?

I am embarrassed to admit, but I adjusted each one of those inputs and now I need to reset.

Lou Gaspard