Fuel tank find

Tip

When I went to fuel my empty left tank up this morning, I noticed something that I knew didn’t belong in there. It was the hole saw cut out from the factory on a September 2010 build. Kreeme Weiss on one side and fabric weave on the other and a hole in the middle.  I’m very happy I found it!

EFA44FB5-6F74-4ECC-9D0A-1962C443B28F.jpeg

9568605D-E89F-4FED-B39F-A1D116F917C6.jpeg

27B7E212-0046-4876-9B2D-2C495747D4BC.jpeg

Hi Tip.  I have always had some light colored "floaters" in the fuel when I sump my CT and inspect for water .  These particles have become less and less over the years and now they're mostly gone.  I always wondered if these were flakes or shavings of composite left in the tanks during build of the plane.  Every CT built has had holes drilled for the fuel fillers.  Maybe the drilled plug rolled away and couldn't be found by the guy doing this and then moved back.  Do I see some shavings laying around the plug in your picture of it inside the wing?  Due to your discovery, I'm thinking this is what the "floaters" are.