Lane A light keeps coming on!

Animosity2k

So yesterday my Lane A light would keep coming on every time I would kill my power abeam the numbers coming in for base to final. I'd taxi back to runup, do a lane check, clear it then be good to go, but it would come back. It's not flashing it at this point when coming on but steady. I decided to depart the and head back to my home airport after clearing the solid light for the 4th time. 5 minutes into my 40min trip home it came back on but this time it was flashing and not solid. 

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Been discussed before. Loose connection on top of engine. There are four connectors on top of your engine and one of them is Lane A and one of them is lane B. Aircraft Spruce sell a stainless connector that holds the connections together. Some people have just safely wired the connections together. If you search this website you may be able to find the discussions and photos on that issue.

Been discussed before. Loose connection on top of engine. There are four connectors on top of your engine and one of them is Lane A and one of them is lane B. Aircraft Spruce sell a stainless connector that holds the connections together. Some people have just safely wired the connections together. If you search this website you may be able to find the discussions and photos on that issue. Search for “lane B warning light” on this forum and you will find previous discussions.

13 hours ago, Duane Jefts said:

Been discussed before. Loose connection on top of engine. There are four connectors on top of your engine and one of them is Lane A and one of them is lane B. Aircraft Spruce sell a stainless connector that holds the connections together. Some people have just safely wired the connections together. If you search this website you may be able to find the discussions and photos on that issue. Search for “lane B warning light” on this forum and you will find previous discussions.

I tried to find these on Aircraft Spruce could you link me?

4 minutes ago, Eddie in NC said:

I owned 716JC before I sold it to the guy in California.

That's awesome! Small world. Do you own another FDCT now? Jay seemed like a good guy. His wife was truly upset when we came to fly the plane back to the East Coast! I sent my A&P a message about what you said to have him check it. I have my checkride next week and want to make sure I get this taken care of! 

The LS is a nice plane but just didn't enjoy it as much as the SW. Kind like a sports car compared to a bigger car. Didn't like the stiff rudder pedals on the LS. This is just my opinion as some like the LS more than the SW. You have a Nice plane and am sure you will enjoy it for a long time.

1 hour ago, Eddie in NC said:

The LS is a nice plane but just didn't enjoy it as much as the SW. Kind like a sports car compared to a bigger car. Didn't like the stiff rudder pedals on the LS. This is just my opinion as some like the LS more than the SW. You have a Nice plane and am sure you will enjoy it for a long time.

Awesome, well I'm glad you chimed in! I'm loving this plane more and more every time I fly it! Perhaps I'll fly down and meet you one day.