Do repairs have to be logged?

Trip

I once passed on the purchase of a very nice C182 because repairs were not documented and the owner denied there had ever been any damage. The shop doing the pre-buy said everything seemed to be done first class and they could not figure out why the owner was trying to hide it.

So, my advice is to document and don't ever try to hide anything.

I am learning that Flying is a lonely, huge responsibility-laden experience for us PICs.  We are responsible for everything, including the physical condition of our planes.  Anything mechanical has issues, bugs, fixes and possibly dings.  Best practice is full documentation of all AD's and repairs, large or small to build credibility with the plane for 1) re-sale marketability, and, 2) in the event (God forbid) there is an accident.  

Regarding #2, if something was done to the airplane and it wasn't documented, that's a credibility ding during an investigation.  Don't take the risk on credibility.  At the Roger Lee Rotax course he stressed full documentation, replete with thorough notes...  Roger is correct.