Need to change a tube

Have noticed one of the main wheels has a steady leak, which had a tire replaced a couple weeks back during the pre-buy / annual, so it appears a pinched tube at play here.  I've searched past topics and am up to speed on the fishing line technique, what and where to buy tube, etc.  I'd appreciate some guidance around lifting the main to gain access for pulling the wheel.  I noticed some detail in the FD manual about making a support for under fuselage, lifting one gear via dropping a wing, and placing a block under the axle - or such.  The reason I ask is my old Cessna had a clever little block of wood that wedged  up against the spring gear, and a floor jack took it from there.  I'm willing to fabricate a purpose and cushioned support per FD manual, but would like to know what is really recommend, as I'm in for owning this and want to be set up for this ongoing over time.  Thanks - Darrell

I use a cruder version of Al’s wheel stand, made from a piece of 2x6 and a 1/2” bolt. If you don’t have welding equipment you might be interested in it. Search “elevating a wheel for maintenance”.  I’ve done several tire changes with it, no helpers needed. 

8 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Have noticed one of the main wheels has a steady leak, which had a tire replaced a couple weeks back during the pre-buy / annual, so it appears a pinched tube at play here.  I've searched past topics and am up to speed on the fishing line technique, what and where to buy tube, etc.  I'd appreciate some guidance around lifting the main to gain access for pulling the wheel.  I noticed some detail in the FD manual about making a support for under fuselage, lifting one gear via dropping a wing, and placing a block under the axle - or such.  The reason I ask is my old Cessna had a clever little block of wood that wedged  up against the spring gear, and a floor jack took it from there.  I'm willing to fabricate a purpose and cushioned support per FD manual, but would like to know what is really recommend, as I'm in for owning this and want to be set up for this ongoing over time.  Thanks - Darrell

which airplane and which wheels do you have? You need to remember that any advice you are given is often only based on the particular aircraft that the person giving the advice owns. There are differences between each type.

2 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

No, that is the old Marc Italian wheels. Yes you can do it without removing the brakes or taking off the axle.

Thanks, Tom. Not dealing with bearings during tire changes is attractive, but I do like the Matco hardware and the support they provide.