SB: Replacementoffuelpumpassy.forROTAX® AircraftEngine Type 915 i A and 912 i

mbenoit02

For those who have been informed of the SB Replacementoffuelpumpassy.forROTAX® AircraftEngine Type 915 i A and 912 i. and wants to locate and check the Fuel pump S/N, here is a good tip.

You don't need to remove engine cowling: just use your phone, and take a photo from the bottom and right side of the engine from the back: Fuel pump serial number is just there!

Attached 2 pictures (w/o cowling)

If S/N is from S/N 180500 up to S/N 192699 inclusive, unfortunately, this Sb applied to you. Fo the others, enjoy flying...

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

15 hours ago, Duane Jefts said:

Is this a picture of a fuel pump? I ask this because the fuel pump In my CTLSi is located in the cargo compartment behind the pilot seat not on the bottom right side of the engine.

On my CTLSi, it's in the cargo compartment as well.

Andy

6 hours ago, mbenoit02 said:

Actually, the 2 fuel pumps are inside this box, but S/N is for the whole unit. On CTLSi delivered in US, the location of the fuel pump could be different.

Seems like the engine compartment would be a better place for the fuel pumps rather than a cargo compartment like mine is. If you look in your logbook you may find the serial number of the fuel pump. That is where Roger Lee suggested to look and That is where I found it.

I have a CTLSi, the fuel pump is under a protective plate (under the floor of the baggage compartment) as Duane suggested.  It makes sense that the pump is there as it is a short distance from the Header Tank, a 912 fuel injected feature.  

The serial # is not visible, until you perform an MBenoit trick with the iPhone... thank you for the tip MBenoit.  Tom, my plane was manufactured in 2018, so your theory of the year of manufacture makes sense.

Fuel Pumps ser number.jpg