loss of voice warnings

Lsapilot

I recently had a Garmin  GTX335 ADSB out transponder installed replacing a GTX330.   After the installation I do not hear voice warnings through my headset for "TRAFFIC" and "RADAR NOT AVAILABLE", which I previously did with old Xponder.   Installer has no answer.  Would anyone know what was changed?  The audio connector in back of the 496 is plugged in.  I'm not sure which avionics controls aural messages.  Hope someone has an answer..  Thanks!

I'm aware the problem is not the transponder. The problem originated during the installation of the new transponder. Along with loss of audio I'm not getting power to the GPS. I have to turn it on manually. The auto pilot is not receiving information for the GPS and won't work properly. Also missing  is information that should be appearing on the Dynon PFD. l All was working well until the avionics shop got a hold of it. 

Could it have something do with the data cable?

That's a complex issue that needs to be looked at by the installer.

For one thing, the settings might be incorrect. Garmin doesn't like to distribute their install manuals for their transponders, which is why you have to take it back to the installer.

I also don't know your panel setup.

The 496 should have an automatic turn on when external power is applied setting.

Again, you really should take this back to the installer after having made a detailed written description of issues you are having.