Scratch repair pen

Andy A

I accidently scratched my cowling with a screwdriver today.  It looks like scratched through the clear coat and paying.  Does anybody have a recommendation for a touch up paint pen with an extra fine point and recommendations on what color I would need for a white CTLSi? 

It's kind of a deep scratch.  Does anybody know if I could wet sand it with a 5000 grit sand paper then polish it with a buffer and get the shine back? Seems like I've heard the  paint FD uses is acrylic and I don't have much experience with that. 

Being a recent owner of a CTSW I was surprised these fasteners are not phillips head style, which pilot the screwdriver actions so much better.  The first thing I did on my old 150 was to convert the Dzus fasteners from straight to phillips, as the cowl already had one scar.  Anyone research if this fastener is available in phillips head style?  This is topic on my "to do" list for investigation.

Acrylic polyurethane paints are sandable and buffable ( as opposed to polyster based  )- I recently refinished and repainted a wheel pant on my plane and used this paint https://www.merrittsupply.com/product/awlcraft-2000-acrylic-urethane-topcoat-base-whites/

In my case I soda blasted and repainted the whole thing but ended up screwing up a bit on the last part with some minor paint runs and orange peel and ended up fixing it with 3000 grit, very careful wet sanding followed by some buffing.

21 minutes ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Being a recent owner of a CTSW I was surprised these fasteners are not phillips head style, which pilot the screwdriver actions so much better.  The first thing I did on my old 150 was to convert the Dzus fasteners from straight to phillips, as the cowl already had one scar.  Anyone research if this fastener is available in phillips head style?  This is topic on my "to do" list for investigation.

They changed to Phillips head sometime in 2007.