Fast Eddie Update

FastEddieB

Looks like I last posted back in Aug, 2016. I decided then to take a bit of a break for personal reasons. Anyway, another forum member recently contacted me and I got to thinking it might be time to dip my toe back in the water.

I've been getting most of my online aviation fix over on SportPilotTalk and Pilots of America. I still check in on COPA from time to time but there's not a lot of interest for me there anymore.

Anyway, my Sky Arrow now has about 560 hours on it and is now about 12 years old. I just did my 10th Annual Condition Inspection on it since going EXPERIMENTAL, and the plane and its little ROTAX have both proven quite reliable. The ROTAX also recently got it's second 5-year rubber parts change, which I farmed out to a Light Sport Mechanic in SC.

I also went with BasicMed when it became available, giving me more options. I recently gave tailwheel instruction in a Citabria after decades, and it felt great to be back in the saddle, so to speak.

48724308632_00ba10bbd7.jpg

I had to take a portion of last year off flying (and biking and motorcycling) for surgery to my right arm's carpal and cubital tunnels. Impingement on the nerves had led to progressive hand numbness, but fortunately the surgery was quite successful.

The biggest change is Karen and I began a process several years ago to establish a home base closer to our kids and grandkids near Knoxville. We bought property on an airstrip in Lenoir City - Big T Airport, 80TN - and completed construction of a hangar home just over a year ago:

48710235013_ca4a27fd0c.jpg

32161252197_63f91ecb23.jpg

Karen made an adorable little movie trailer featuring a landing there:

We kept our N GA digs as well, ,and for now enjoy going back and forth - each locale has its own appeal.

Anyway, open invite to anyone who'd like to stop by, and look for me to post occasionally when appropriate.

Hi Andy!

I’m pleased to say that my friend, Trip Taylor, was just installed as president of COPA at the recent Migration in New Orleans.

I knew him when...

48920324388_9a0f8d51d0.jpg

(To be clear, neither of us were or are rapers!)

Trip and his wife Sherri (also a Cirrus instructor) bought the property next to us at Big T airport and will soon be building a home here. He also recently got type rated in the Cirrus Jet, so I’m actively pursuing a ride in one!

Anyway, St. Louis is a bit far for lunch, but I appreciate the thought. Feel free to stop by here if you’re ever headed to points east.