Audible Airspace Warning

Animosity2k

So on my checkride a few weeks back I busted some Delta airspace for an immediate failure. I was thinking, is there a way to setup my Dynon Skyview to give me an audible warning when I become that close? I know foreflight does it but with the checkride going on I don't want to have another device on my lap, plus with my headset on it's hard to hear my tablet on my lap. 

On 11/16/2019 at 8:25 AM, Anticept said:

There are 3.5mm lightning adapters.

Or, bluetooth audio adapters.

Corey, which would you prefer? If I get the Bluetooth audio adapter, I get that I put that into the ipad running foreflight, then is there another part that goes in where the aux port is in the center of the cockpit? 

Once something is plugged into that aux port, be it my ipad, iphone, whatever, do you need to do anything to get the audio to port through or will it just port through? 

What is actually unfortunate is that the PM3000 intercomms actually support several aux inputs at once, specifically for GPS and aux inputs in mind and even prioritizes radio audio over one aux over the other aux input.

I never did get around to rewiring that on my airplane...

Anyways, it's generally better to use a wired connection, but a Bluetooth audio reciever device is capable too.

The ipad will know that audio is meant to go to the bluetooth audio reciever, just like it will know to output to the 3.5mm adapter.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:59 PM, Animosity2k said:

So on my checkride a few weeks back I busted some Delta airspace for an immediate failure. I was thinking, is there a way to setup my Dynon Skyview to give me an audible warning when I become that close? I know foreflight does it but with the checkride going on I don't want to have another device on my lap, plus with my headset on it's hard to hear my tablet on my lap. 

Sorry that happened to you. You could always be nonchalant and say "it's only a delta, chill!" Just kidding of course. 

This is the bluetooth adapter I bought, pair your adapter to the iPad, make sure you turn foreflight on before flying and you should be good to go. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013QJ0W8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-gu1DbQC3A5CX

FWIW, I flew my checkride with my iPad and my iPhone on because that's how I normally fly and it's my backup sectional/GPS. During the diversion part of the checkride I just typed in the name of the airport, it gave me a heading.

Also, if you have a Garmin 696/796, it gives you a million warnings for airspace, make sure they're turned on. 

On 11/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, CTSleepy said:

Sorry that happened to you. You could always be nonchalant and say "it's only a delta, chill!" Just kidding of course. 

This is the bluetooth adapter I bought, pair your adapter to the iPad, make sure you turn foreflight on before flying and you should be good to go. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013QJ0W8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-gu1DbQC3A5CX

FWIW, I flew my checkride with my iPad and my iPhone on because that's how I normally fly and it's my backup sectional/GPS. During the diversion part of the checkride I just typed in the name of the airport, it gave me a heading.

Also, if you have a Garmin 696/796, it gives you a million warnings for airspace, make sure they're turned on. 

Bought this thanks.