Mounting iPad to Garmin 796?

Animosity2k

So recently I have started mounting my iPad on the PIC side window as I prefer to use the maps in it over whats on my Dynons. I also do not have the most recent update on my Aera 796 so I prefer to use Foreflight for frequencies as well. In general I am just much more proficient using it then the Skyview System and the 796. I was thinking could I put the window suction cup on the glass 796 display or should I be worried about the weight of it cracking the 796 Display? I'd much rather have the iPad mounted in the center then taking up some of my window on the left side. 

6 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

I guess your Dynon drives your autopilot, and not the 796?

You can always make a brace at the bottom of the iPad so all the weight is not on the 796 glass.  Or make a bracket frame with holes to allow the top 4 screws on the center GPS panel to pass through them, so there is no weight at all on the 796.

I like the bracket idea! I need to find out how to have something fabricated for that. I send my flight plan from foreflight to dynons right now and power the ap off that for Long flights. 

• 2 months later...