Wing Spar Inspection

Andy A

My 2014 CTLSi is in the shop for an annual inspection and the A&P mentioned the wing spar inspection was due last year but the logs appear it wasn't done.  How extensive of an inspection is this?  Is it a very labor intensive expensive inspection?  Between the annual, rubber replacment, wing spar inspection, transponder check, and prop balance I get the feeling this is going to be an expensive trip to the shop.  I thought it was pretty easy to remove the wings on the CTs. 

I figure about 3-4 hours shop time and $20-25 for the sight tube. I have started lubing the aileron pushrod guide while the wings are removed. That being said I always do the wing inspection when I do a rubber replacement, because the wings need to be removed to replace the fuel line in the wing root. I have just recently started thinking about replacing the fuel line in the wing root on 4 year intervals. This would mean that you could skip having to pull the wings every other hose change, saving a little labor and material expense.