Dynon 120

Al Downs

Well it looks like this year will end a little tough for the students. Plane availability is going to  be tight. One check ride next week and lot of the student have time off for the holidays. Keeping everyone happy with only one plane is going  to be  tough.

2 out of 3 planes are now grounded and I am hoping we have a Dynon guru on this site that can provide the needed information to get one of them back up.

One of the planes has a cracked motor mount and I can't find a new one. It appears Flight Design is closed for the holidays and Gutman's don't have one. Then one of the other planes had a failure of the Dynon D120.

I took the D120 out of the one with the motor mount problem and put it in the other plane. Sent the bad unit to Dynon for repair. The two planes are identical  except that the plane with the bad Dynon also has an HS34 Expansion module in the system. We do not use this for anything but I believe it needs to be there for the system to work with  the Garmin 696. I wanted to remove  it when we went from Garmin 496 to the Garmin 696 and Dynon said there were considerable things that would need to be changed and if we left it in would be easier so that is what we did.

Now when we start the plane it says EMS not detected and the other one says EFIS not detected. That tells me that they are not talking to each other and when we run the motor it show zero for oil pressure. The engine definitely has oil pressure but the way the system works the oil pressure shows zero and the engine light is on.

I need someone that understands the setting needed make it work right. The plane has a D100, D120, Garmin 696 and Dynon HS34 in the system. All help greatly appreciated.

Do the units have the same software versions?  From the D100, if you select DSAB status from the menu's does it detect anything besides itself?  Have you tried network reconfiguration?

Here is a link to the Dynon install manual.  Network configuration is in 5-6.

https://www.dynonavionics.com/includes/guides/EFIS-D100_Installation_Guide_Rev_H.pdf