HS34 Wiring Diagram?

TheFrisco

Just bought a 2008 CTLS with an INOP HS34. Previous owner said it was sent to Dynon and the unit got a clean bill of health so might be an install/programming problem.

Anybody has a wiring diagram for the HS34 specifically?

Theone in the book didn't seem to include the HS34. Also have a Garmin 496 and SL30 which I believe need to be wired thru the HS34.

Thanks @Paula and Robert

Robert I found lots of great info on wiring the HS34 on the Dynon forum. Head over to the website and under support you will find their forum. Search HS34 and you will find the thread that addresses wiring with Garmin GPS and the SL30. 

Edit: found the link I saved. 
https://forum.flydynon.com/threads/hs34-wiring.3013/

3 hours ago, johnnyjr said:

Robert I found lots of great info on wiring the HS34 on the Dynon forum. Head over to the website and under support you will find their forum. Search HS34 and you will find the thread that addresses wiring with Garmin GPS and the SL30. 

Edit: found the link I saved. 
https://forum.flydynon.com/threads/hs34-wiring.3013/

Great tip, thanks. Found some stuff, need to look again when inside the panel to really trace things

If I can offer anything else it’s to make sure the firmware on the units are up to date and then check the configuration to make sure the master (D100) sees all the other Dynon products and has them configured.

lots of help on the Dynon forum. May take some searching but it’s all there. 

Frisco,

My HS 34 went inop earliee this year and it ended up being a single lose wire. I looked behind the panel and all the wires into my HS 34 appeared connected, but they were not. I pushed each wire in on the back of the HS 34 just to make sure the connections were solid, and that solved my issue. It is worth a try for you. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Aaronp07 said:

Frisco,

My HS 34 went inop earliee this year and it ended up being a single lose wire. I looked behind the panel and all the wires into my HS 34 appeared connected, but they were not. I pushed each wire in on the back of the HS 34 just to make sure the connections were solid, and that solved my issue. It is worth a try for you. Good luck.

Great insight, thanks.  Was that a loose wire into the HS34 or into where it connected?

22 hours ago, TheFrisco said:

Great insight, thanks.  Was that a loose wire into the HS34 or into where it connected?

It was a lose wire into the back of the HS34. It did not look lose at all. The only way I know it was lose was due to the fact that it worked after I pusherd all them in tight. Anticept is 100 percent correct. 

2 hours ago, Aaronp07 said:

It was a lose wire into the back of the HS34. It did not look lose at all. The only way I know it was lose was due to the fact that it worked after I pusherd all them in tight. Anticept is 100 percent correct. 

Well I now have tried out the HS34 in my panel, which meant I just needed to plug it into the existing plug. What happens is that the HS34 works but the Garmin SL30 stops working, shows "Com Failure" and can't change frequency anymore. So ... 

Anyone seen that?

Thanks Robert