Parts Availability from Lockwood Supply?

Andy A

I am over 2 months in on the annual inspection and rubber replacement in our 2014 CTLSi.  The mechanic keeps complaining that he is having a hard time getting parts from Lockwood Aviation Supply in Florida.  Has anybody had issues getting parts from Lakewood recently?  Or is my A&P just jerking me around?  Does anybody know a better place to get parts for the rubber replacement?

I buy most of my parts from leading Edge Airfoils since I am a IMRT under them. Every once in a while they will have something back ordered, and I will look to Lockwood. The Rotax distributors only get a Rotax parts shipment about once a month, so if it is a genuine Rotax part he is waiting for that could be the issue. If Lockwood doesn't have it you can always check Leading Edge or CPS. Do you know what parts he needs? During my first CTLSi rubber replacement I did run into a part that none of the Rotax distributors had. We even checked South America. The quote for special order from Rotax in Europe was $176.00 each for a $10 part. After discussion I decided not to replace that particular part at that time since it was new as part of the Sport upgrade to the engine, and not 5 years old like the rest of the rubber parts.