New battery still won’t turn over! Ignition module?

Belt13

Hello aviators ,  installed new battery thinking why it doesn’t turn over but even with the new battery same thing happens.  Cranks but doesn’t turn, should I try the ice bag over the ignition module and try that ? 
frustrated , any other potential issues?  Loose wiring?

Thanks 

Most likely is the modules. By the time you know there is an issue both modules have failed. The problem is generally in the starting circuit, and once started it will run fine. It will even likely start fine the rest of the day. Try the warming or cooling and see if it starts. If it doesn't start with one or the other then check the wiring. 

3 hours ago, KentWien said:

I had to replace both modules on my CTsw when it wouldn’t start. 

The soft start modules did the trick. Never had any issues after that. 

kent

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.  Can I dare ask how much the modules cost and where did you buy them from?  Also which bank lent you the million to buy them LOL.

Thanks again

From Leading Edge they are $904.39 USD each for the new modules. If your regulations allow I would remove them and send them to Carmo for repair, it will save you about $1400.00. If your regulations don't allow for that I would still remove them and send them to Carmo for "inspection and testing"😉😉, and reinstall after inspection.

8 hours ago, Belt13 said:

.....Can I dare ask how much the modules cost and where did you buy them from?  

you CT being an Advanced Ultralight in Canada, you need (to stay 'legal' ) to install the Rotax parts.

Contact  the canadian distributor,  https://www.rotechmotor.ca/home.html  for more info.

they can test your module for free ....and advise you on what to do

I bought them from Lockwood. Yeah, they were in the $2000 range. It SEEMS like a lot of 2006-07 CTsw owners have had to do the same replacement. 

When it first started to happen, I sent the modules to Lockwood to be tested. They came back saying they were fine. When it happened again, I just got the new modules. Never an issue after that. 

I sure loved the SW. Sad to have sold it, but I can’t have two airplanes at once. I’m monogamous when it comes to airplanes (and spouses).

Kent