CTLS Floor Mats Available REDUCED $125/set! With or without flap cutouts!

JGray

Hey guys,

Finally got around to making a set of floor mats for my CTLS. I used new overstock automotive carpet trunk liners that have a rubber backing to them. I made plywood templates to make my cuts as nice as possible with a knife. They don't have any edge stiching (which I actually prefer because these look like the floor is carpeted instead of looking like floor mats), and aren't perfect but fit well and stay in place. I covered the entire flat part of the floor on both sides, gives the interior a nice finished look. I did not do flaps for the storage in the floor as I only keep emergency/oddball items that would not be needed in flight in there anyway . The color is a nice dark charcoal, not quite black. If interested let me know, I can make a set for you and sell them for $160 shipping included to the lower 48. 

PRICE REDUCED to $125 shipped for a set, with or without hinged flap cutouts!

Yes it does, but that's because it had the amphibious clamar floats on it from brand new - to the best of my knowledge unless it's a float plane they don't have differential brakes. It sure is nice with the wheels on tho too 🙂

• 2 months later...

I don't have the ability to stitch them, but I could provide the cutout. I didn't on mine but am going to pull them out and make flaps for the storage doors. These are automotive mats and I don't think fraying will be an issue, I can pull on the exposed edges and not pull any material out. 

• 7 months later...

I can now do the flap cutouts as well, and reduced the price to $125 shipped to your door in the lower 48, for anyone that is interested. Thanks to Ben for the first order! I hope he chimes in after he gets his set and gives a review of what he thinks, his have the flap cutouts. I plan to test fit every set that is ordered of them to my plane which is stored a half hour from my house and out of my way otherwise, so figure lead time to be around 2 weeks under normal circumstances. 

PXL_20201207_223154478.jpg

PXL_20201207_223202657.jpg

PXL_20201207_224758765.jpg

PXL_20201207_223136141.jpg

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, dhw1179 said:

Are you still making these?

I no longer have access to the same material at a reasonable price and don't currently have the time besides, but if someone is interested in picking up the torch I would be happy to send the templates to them for the cost of shipping - this may be a bit pricey however, as they are plywood templates.