No Dynon Audio

TheFrisco

I feel like this forum is my psychological helpline, 2 steps forward, one back 😭

Not sure this ever worked because the previous owner had taken out the HS34 which delivered the sounds.

But even now with everything connecting thru HS34 currently and data is all flowing, I GET NO ALARMS.

And yes config is correct this time, not even test function works.

Suggestions? Anybody else seen this?

Thanks Robert

And it is beautiful again today... staying in Kahala (sp??)

Many single engine planes flying this morning... I think the CT coast line is A+ to fly over... but this place... wow... you are fortunate to live and fly here.  The CT is perfect for the visibility...

44 minutes ago, garrettgee2001 said:

My thoughts would be the wiring from the dynon to the audio panel/intercom. I have no experience with the HS34, but I imagine it should have 2 shielded wires from it to the intercom. It could also be going to a non priority port on the intercom.

Thanks will check that today against the FlightDesign engineering drawings, as you suggested

Robert

I concur with Tom. I have the same setup, and my Dynon alerts were not working when I purchased my plane last year, 2009 CTLS. I figured it out and it had to do with the intercom switch. You can go into your settings in your Dynon and find where you cantest your audio. Go there and then plsy aroumd with the intercom switch. That fixed mine up. 

Aaron

10 minutes ago, Aaronp07 said:

I concur with Tom. I have the same setup, and my Dynon alerts were not working when I purchased my plane last year, 2009 CTLS. I figured it out and it had to do with the intercom switch. You can go into your settings in your Dynon and find where you cantest your audio. Go there and then plsy aroumd with the intercom switch. That fixed mine up. 

Aaron

The Dynon test feature is the one not working. And yes I will play with the Intercom switches and look at the manual. THANKS!!!

UPDATE & CLOSURE

After some tracing attempts and various tests, I decided to test what happens when I direct wire the HS34 to the PM3000 and IT WORKED. So I gave up on finding the bad connection in my system, took out the old wired pins on both and ran a new wire with HS34 pin 25 (audio out) to the PM3000 pin 17 (audio in).

Oh and yes, I did try to route the wire as best as possible behind the panel but it is a bit amateurish wrapped in duck tape for protection with a big label on it explaining what I did 😉

Hope this helps the next person,

Robert aka TheFrisco