When It Rains?

TheFrisco

OMG, I was going to say you have to hangar that baby, but I see you are in Hawaii. That would cost "a pretty penny"! My CT was apparently tied down outside quite a stretch. As a result the swivel bearing in the tail of the airplane froze up (rusted). Drove me crazy trying to find out what was causing my stabilator to be bindy. 

Well, I assume your wing roots have gap seal tape? The mechanic that I used when I bought my airplane did not put it on and so I finally did. Anyway, if it does not have the gap seal tape, that's a must for you. I can look up where I bought it if you need to buy. 

That's gotta be a beautiful place to fly!

ET

CT's gotta be hangared. They melt in the rain!:bad_day-3329:

Get the aircraft covers and ream out all your drain holes. If there isn't one at this low spot then coordinate with FD to put one there.

CT's aren't the only leakers. All my Cessnas leaked. My Lake Amphibian seemed especially bad because the tight hull kept the water in. After any rain I could expect copious quantities to come out each of the drains.