Leaking (Siphoning) Fuel Filler Port

Greetings,

I have run into an issue the last couple of flights where I have had a fuel stain running down the top of the wing, starting at the fuel filler neck.  I have replaced the rings on the caps.  Tried swapping caps between sides, and it still occurs on the right wing.  As a temporary test, I applied a small amount of silicone to the area on the neck where I figured it was siphoning, and it stopped.  This was a test, and I have since removed the bit of silicone, as I don't believe it plays nice with fuel.  What would be a more permanent solution to seal off this area?  Nothing appears to be visibly damaged in the area, and I am the only one that fuels the airplane, so I can say there haven't been any "side loads" placed on the neck.  I have attached a picture (I cleaned the area before taking the picture, not thinking), but have marked where the leak is coming from.

Any and all help appreciated.

Garrett Gee

IMG_5649.jpg

I thought I posted yesterday, but I got some funny screen after hitting the post button and it didn't show up. I have used JB weld in the past for this. I cleaned wit a scraper and a pick instead of a Dremel. I taped both an inner and outer circle. After placing the glue I let it start to set, but pulled the tape before it completely set. I got a nice clean line, but the glue flowed out nicely. I think I remember the package saying that it was fuel resistant.