Pitot / Static Tube Source?

GrassStripFlyBoy

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Preparing shopping list for the panel project, will need a Tee into existing Pitot and Static lines.  I'm seeing these are 6mm not 1/4", and have located some options on the fittings.  Not sure what tubing to purchase, thinking Nylon?  Appreciate some input on what type and possible sources.

Hey Darrell,

Did you happen to find out any info on this?

Thanks

Yeah, it's 6mm OD PTFE (Teflon) tubing.  I bought some off eBay.  For fittings I've been using brass poly-flo from Spruce, they come in a couple different types, the 1/4" OD work.  Can get exact part numbers if you want more detail on the fittings.  Suggest you leave enough to loop a spiral back to the airframe side of pitot and static feeds, so panel is a bit more free when removing it for work later.  Lastly I used poly pro cable wire spiral wrap to join the pitot and static feeds up to the panel to tidy it up, and provide some abrasion resistance if the lines are rubbing on the rough surfaces of mushroom, etc.

And if you want to adapt to 1/4" line on the panel side, or you're looking for other connection options, I bought some 7/32" ID rubber tubing at auto parts store, this will slip over 6mm and be tight to itself to join tubes together.  This makes for a decent connection between the panel hard plumbing and the airframe lines as well.