Skyview Autopilot won’t hold level

Andy A

I’m still trying to work out all the bugs caused during my last annual.  I was flying yesterday and my Skyview Classic autopilot on my 2014 CTLSi would not fly level with the autopilot engaged.  When I press the level button it holds altitude but after about 10 seconds it rolls into about a 10 degree left or right bank.  Does anybody have any suggestion where to start troubleshooting this?   It does the same on Alt/Trk mode and Alt/HSI mode.  It worked fine prior to the annual inspection.  I am thinking I might need to calibrate the servos.

Does it try and correct back or just continue to bank? The one on my CTLS will wallow back and forth a bit in TRK or HSI modes. If I play with the autopilot pitch roll settings it can go from a wallow to a bit more abrupt. I think I have the sensitivity maxed out and the gain to 0, which produces the least noticeable wallow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Seahawk did the annual.  Nice guys, but I'll be looking for somebody else to do it next year.

Back to the autopilot, I calibrated the servos yesterday and after talking to Arian with FD, I feel good about the calibration.  When I test the servos, I don't get full left or right stick movement.  The stick will move all the way forward and back, but I only get about 1" of movement left or right.  Also, when i press the level button (with the engine turned off and airplane on the ground) the stick constantly jerks about 1/4" each way.  I took the servo out and it looks like the shear screw is still intact.  Any recommendations?

Update:  When I actually took the control arm off of the servo, the shear screw was broken.  A new one is on the way from Dynon and hopefully this will fix the problem.   I am assuming Seahawk Aviation broke the shear screw when they removed the wings for the wing spar inspection.